Not heavy. Intense. That’s how I want to describe Forushande (The Salesman). Only when the end credits started rolling did I allowemyself to breathe again. The film is naked and honest without being either raw or banal.Read More »
It’s not, but it might as well be, because the next two weeks are going to be awwwwwwwwesome! Bear with me while I list the reasons!!!!
12 days later, let’s see how reality matched up to expectations.
- First work trip ever! to Bonn! And I only have two real responsibilities: take photos and take care of the Gambian minister of forests and environment during our event.
That was fun. Learned a lot about events, which will serve me well. That night post-event was crazy: dude from one of our sponsors went to have a drink (read: 4) with me, the other intern and our 69-year-old colleague. In a word, madness. Then the other intern and I wandered Bad Godesberg until the hotel’s breakfast buffet opened = worst idea ever, but somehow so much fun, and I have to laugh every time I think back to it. Had really good convos with him. The 2 hours we had in Bonn proper the next day was loads of fun too.
- Going to Amsterdam! Uppsala reunion – 9 of us in total!!! Including some friends I haven’t seen since June ’09!
No explanation needed beyond the fact that these people are awesome. Lots of food involved. Plus: Speculoos spread (which is actually Belgian, but I can’t get it in Germany) is amazing.
- Will be on a train for 8 hours next week. I love trains! I think it’s because I hardly ever take it (buses/planes are cheaper). Picked out my reading material already – can finally start The Brothers Karamazov!
I LOVE DOSTOEVSKY!
- My paper(s) will be done in 24 hours! They’ve been making me miserable for 3 months now!
Thank god that’s done.
- MY INTERNSHIP GOT EXTENDED YO. The new media intern starts next week. My semester starts in two weeks (it’s no coincidence, we planned it this way). From then on I do 1 day/week, mainly translation and proofreading work. With a 250% pay raise. This goes until end of January. Then starting in March my supervisor wants to bring me back for a project/event that culminates in October in India. Also paid. God I love my life right now…
Sooo… the new intern is really nice and really cool. We had a media dept pow-wow today and it was odd to have to share my responsibilities. Bah, anyway.
- New semester starts in two weeks, as I mentioned. Will be good to see my lovely classmates and friends again :)
- Looking forward to having more free time to take up a German language course!
Trying to decide between 4 hours on Wed retaking the course I did last semester, or paying 280 eur for 72 hours over 8 weeks. The attraction of the latter option is that it’s 2.5 hours per session, 3 sessions per week.
- FilmFest Hamburg looks great. I’m normally not a big film person but these really look good and I have the time this weekend and also the money (I save so much money when I guilt myself into not socialising because of school work) so I’m def seeing at *least* one.
Was too lazy to go.
- Long weekend! Monday is the 3rd of October – German Reunification Day. Mad baking of cakes!
No baking. But I did just whip up a pumpkin pie.
- The Saturday Adventure is back! (because of #4) I think we’re doing another outdoorsy semi-rural walk.
Good walk in the woods with two of my fav fellow foreign classmates: Logan and Kate.
- The weather has been un-freakin-believably gorgeous the past week. Summer, finally!
Spent the weekend outdoors. Now the weather is ganz scheiß…
I’m such a lucky person. For the things listed above, but also for being this happy.